The house is the former summer residence of the bishop of Verona, built by the church in 1890. The original structure consisted of a single wing two-story building facing west/south-west, parallel to the line of lakeshore it overlooks.

It was sold by the church in the late 1940s and the new owners – farmers – added the south/south-east wing for agricultural uses as a barn and storage area. 
This wing, in accordance with the environmental and architectural heritage directives, was restyled to match the rest of the structure and the whole was classified as a 'period residence'.

Existing bedrooms were refitted for modern use while maintaining their heritage features. Other rooms of the original building have been adapted for use as common and utility areas. Working from the features still remaining, the chapel at the centre of the house on the first floor was reinstated. All the original construction materials, such as wood, lime, sand, river rocks and Lessinia stone, were used for the renovation.